If you are interested in studying in Canada. Good news, University of Waterloo scholarship is currently open. Here we will be listing the step by step guide to applying for this scholarship program.
Why study at the University of Waterloo? It’s a excellent chance for learners to work at this university. With through management coaching, organizational development courses, and secondments, applicants can appreciate important chances to develop their profession.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Waterloo
- Study in: Canada
- Courses Offered: The scholarships are open to study the undergraduate and Research-based Masters degree in any subject offered by University of Waterloo.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program.
- Deadline: March 15 / July 15 / November 15 (annually)
University of Waterloo Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- The David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Awards will be awarded worth up to $2,500 for a one-term study experience, $2,500 to $5,000 for a one-term work or volunteer experience, up to $10,000 for a two-term work or volunteer experience.
- International Master’s Award of Excellence is valued at $2,500 per term for a maximum of 6 terms.
- Required Languages: English
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries
- Candidates who have the good academic standing (normally a minimum 70% average at the undergraduate level; normally a minimum 75% average at the graduate level) are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- The applicants must be full-time undergraduate and graduate students in any faculty who wish to participate in an international experience in Israel, including a minimally-paid or volunteer international co-op work placement, a volunteer placement, an academic exchange or a study term related to academic requirements.
- International students with a valid Canadian study permit who are registered full time and assessed international tuition fees.
- Normally given to students in research-based programs (thesis or major research paper).
- Will normally only be given to students entering the first term of their program (term 1.0).
- Students must demonstrate academic excellence through criteria established by the Faculty.
- Students must meet the academic progress requirements of their program and not have outstanding probationary admission requirements.
- This award could be in addition to other internal or external scholarships (e.g., UW Graduate Scholarship, OGS, etc). Note: scholarships are different than sponsorship – see next bullet.
- Normally, students should not be concurrently receiving foreign government or agency sponsorship (e.g., China Scholarship Council, Libyan sponsorship, etc) or be fully or partially self-funded in excess of the Faculty minimum levels of support.
- Students grand-parented under the existing IMSA program cannot be nominated for an IMAE; however, a student previously awarded an IMSA for a previously completed master’s degree can be nominated for an IMAE.
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission. Departments and/or Faculty will define their own internal process by which they select recipients based on the eligibility criteria and allocation.
- Faculties may impose stricter eligibility criteria as appropriate.
Steps to Apply For University of Waterloo Scholarship
Here we will list the step by step guide to Waterloo scholarship application.
- Candidates need to take admission at the university in undergraduate and graduate degree program. After taking admission, candidates can access the application on their forms pages.
- Applicants need to attach a personal statement which will refer to the application form. All applicants must provide evidence of their English language ability to meets the minimum requirements for admission.
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship:
- Students will be automatically considered for this award based on their application for admission; hence no separate scholarship application is required.
- Departments and/or Faculties will select the students and nominate for the scholarship.
- See the official website (link found below) for the application deadlines specific to each Masters degree program.
For more information about university of waterloo scholarship, check out the websites:
- International Master’s Award of Excellence scholarship : Website Here
- David Johnston–Lebovic Foundation International Experience Award : Official Website here